FERNTREE GULLY RADIATORS WARRANTIES TERMS & CONDITIONS
All parts are warranted to the original purchaser to be free of fault in both workmanship and materials for a period up to 2 years from the date of purchase.
1. Correctly fitted by a certified mechanic or authorised radiator specialist.
2. Used under normal operating conditions for which the product was intended.
3. Correctly serviced every 12 months/25,000kms by certified mechanic or authorised radiator specialist.
At the time of fitment, the complete cooling system must be machine power flushed and cleaned using Radiator Flush or an equivalent product (as specified by the original vehicle manufacturer) added to the cooling system. Prove of this procedure is a must with any warranty claim on radiators.
Warranty Service Requirements
To obtain warranty validation and to ensure the life of your new radiator core/assembly beyond 12 months or 25,000kms and subsequently 24 months or 50,000kms, which ever comes first, the vehicle must be presented to a certified mechanic or radiator specialist to be serviced and validated at these respective intervals. Your certified mechanic or radiator specialist will pressure test, inspect the radiator and cooling system, flush the cooling system and radiator and replace the inhibitor/coolant, this will be at the cost of the vehicle’s owner. Any other components associated with the cooling system that are found to be faulty at the time must be repaired or replaced, at the owners cost. Prove of this procedure is a must with any warranty claim on radiators.
The warranty will then be honoured for the further term.
The Warranty is void in the following circumstances:
- If the product is not serviced and validated at 12 and 24 month intervals
- If any attempt is made to repair a radiator assembly without prior authority from Ferntree Gully Radiators, warranty will be void.
- If any defect is attributable to accident, abuse or negligence.
- If the assembly is used for any application for which it was not originally intended.
- If a pressure cap other than that originally specified by the vehicle manufacturer is used
- If the cooling system is not maintained (as specified by the original vehicle manufacturer)
- If the cooling system has a stray current over 0.05volts or has coolant contamination warranty will be void
- Coolant must NOT be mixed with any other coolant or inhibitor and all existing coolant/inhibitor in the system must be eliminated.
Responsibility for any loss, injury or damage attributable to any fault in workmanship or material in the assembly shall be limited to replacement of the assembly or fixing such defects provided the defective radiator is returned at the cost of the purchaser.
Please note that this warranty is specifically in relation to passenger type vehicles only. The warranty does not apply to taxis, courier vehicles, buses and vehicles used for commercial purposes.
The Warranty does not cover:
- Costs relating to remove and replace the part from the vehicle
- Internal corrosion of the radiator
- External corrosion caused by environmental conditions
- Any parts used in the replacement or repair of the radiator that have not been supplied by Ferntree Gully Radiators.
- Damage resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the radiator
Purchasers Statutory Rights
The warranty terms set out above do not exclude any conditions or warranties which may be implied by law and your attention is drawn to the provision of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010. (For information about consumer policies in Australia, please visit www.consumerlaw.gov.au) This warranty supplements those rights.
For replacement parts
In the event that a claim is made for a replacement part, the replacement will be dispatched as quickly as possible after inspection of the defective product. Upon receipt of the claimed defective product, the product will be inspected to ensure warranty compliance. In the
event that a claim is declined because it is not covered by our warranty policy, the cost of the replacement parts plus freight costs, if any, will be the purchaser’s responsibility. The return of the claimed warranty part freight cost is the purchaser’s responsibility.
Terms and conditions are subject to change at anytime without notice.